Monday, February 01, 2010

Yuganiki Okkadu/Aayirathil Oruvan Audio Review


Movie:Yuganiki Okkadu/Aayirathil Oruvan
Music:G.V.Prakash
Audio on SONY

For this I need to tell one thing.I like the tamil version of the audio even though I don't know tamil.So I am gonna give review for tamil version and I will give the telugu song in brackets.

OH EESA(NINNU YERI KORI) starts with a synth which will not interest you.But definitely the tune of the GOVINDA NAMAM is superb and you will be addicted.Kudos to GV for the way he used the devotional tune,guitars and synth is excellent.Karthik's voice is a plus.Rap bits by Andrea are too addictive.And the second song MAALAI NERAM(MAALAI NINNU) starts with a acoustic bit.If you are a regular listener of english songs this may not interest you,but you gotta listen the song atleast for super cool voice of ANDREA.The song UN MELA AASADAN(NEE MEDE AASAGA) is some what similiar to the tune of ADADA VAA frm SARVAM.But the thing you will be amazed with is the voice of DHANUSH.Good song.Then comes a instrumental,THE KING ARRIVES which I think is a theme song.Well once again you will definitely get into the mood of the song.Excellent guitars and percussion will definitely prove the royality in the name of the song.Well next comes the song of the album according to to me THAAI THINDRA MANNAE(SRIGARINCHINA MANCHI).This is the song which I am longing to review.RUDRAVEENA,hope you had never heard(Of course me too :) ) is one of the types of veenas.The song starts with this instrument.The song is sung by Vijay Yesudas, Nithyasree Mahadevan and I think I need not tell about the singing.Excellent tune and orchestrisation. In tamil the song is in malayalam and telugu.But donno why it is changed completely into telugu in telugu audio :(. Neverthless one thing is for sure,the type of orchestrisation or tunes will come very rarely and go for it.PEMMANAE((MAMMALNI PALINCHU) is another song which is definitely not the type you see in regular audios.Sung by P. B. Srinivas, Bombay Jayashree. I am not at all eligible for commenting their singing.One thing,what I can say is excellent.That's it.I am not good at raagas, but I think this song's and song VENUVAI VACHANU from MAATRUDEVOBHAVA(Composed by M.M.Keeravani) have same ragas.(pls.correct me if I am wrong).CELEBRATION OF LIFE is an instrumental bit.The bit is performed by NAVEEN.The variations in flute are superb!THAAI THINDRA MANNAE's(DAACHINDE MANNE) classical version is sung by VIJAY YESUDAS. Well another classical song from GV.Superb.That's it no words for it.The remix of OH EESA is definitely not the regular remixes you see in telugu.Performed by Bigg nikk.Well each and every ingredient required for a remix is present.

Well,Selva Raghavan's movies(7/G Brundavan Colony,Aaduvari Matalaku...,Pudhupettai(Dhool pet) ) have YUVAN as music director.But first time GV Praksh took over from him.And another thing is that Selva's movies generally have good.No No excellent music.Even though Music director changed the quality of music has not at all changed.

GV Prakash utilised his oppurtunity to the peak and provided excellent music.Infact you will now definitely agree that GV atleast tried to be upto the mark of his uncle A.R.RAHMAN.Heard that GV even researched and used instruments of the CHOLAN time like the RUDRAVEENA.His effort can be seen in the album.

Go for this album if you really love music and if you really want to listen completely different album unlike general telugu albums which have a duet,a hero intro song,2 melodies,one beat etc..

My final word:Yuganiki Okkadu audio is the audio Yuganiki Okkati.Well you can't find albums like these more often.So just go for it!

By:
1C

2 comments:

  1. thnks,me in chennai too though i dont know tamil,i wil surely go thry this,interstin read

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx for the review but I find only the song "srigarinchina" and remix one good!any way nice review keep going!

    ReplyDelete